# Thursday, November 15, 2007
I was reading this article about some flea treatments that can be fatal to cats. The treatments are meant for dogs and contain Permethrin which can cause fatalities in felines. 97% of cats treated with the chemical showed signs of poisoning, with 88% suffering convulsions and 10.5% which died or had to put down. The chemical is found in flea treatments, fly sprays and other pesticides. It is harmless to most mammals including dogs. It is so dangerous for cats that they should not even be allowed near a dog that has been treated.

posted on Thursday, November 15, 2007 1:36:00 PM (GMT Standard Time, UTC+00:00)  #    Comments [0] Trackback
Related posts:
Sowing Seeds
Allotment Progress: Getting Back on Track
A Family Sized Fridge
Spot the Real Cat
Soup
Hayfever Season to Start Early